From the past century, the situation and condition of people in their 60s, 70s, and 80s has changed a lot, once the old wasn’t old enough to be seated in a single place at all times. In past people used to do loads of activities to spend their daily life. But nowadays there is an accessory for every work. In the past, there was no way for transportation, so people used to walk or cycle to visit each other. These activities were not only very beneficial for them in their younger age, but they even produced a great output in their elder age.
Nowadays there are many facilities for every activity. Though these facilities can make a person comfortable but indirectly it is decreasing the fitness and numbers from the age of people to live. Another factor affecting the fitness of elders is the food consumption. The diet of people is very poor nowadays. Unessential like fats can cause various diseases and problems like cholesterol and sugar.
There are many factors which are affecting the fitness of elders, but for remaining fit, the best action is to do exercise. There are six workouts for people in their 60s, 70s, and 80s.
- Walking: Walking is the best exercise to be performed by elders. Elders often get too tired if some heavy activities are burdened upon them. Walking is the most lenient but the most effective exercise for old people. Regular walking helps a person maintain a perfect balance in the body. Walking helps us get a necessary motion in our body this motion can strengthen the muscles of elders and can even burn calories to help avoid cholesterol and sugar problems. Walking must be done early in the morning so that time can be managed.
- Brisk walking: It is a special way of walking affiliated with running. This type of walking is same as jogging. You need to increase your speed and motion to perform this walk. Old people can’t run, but even brisk walking can be difficult for them. To avoid any difficulty elders must turn to brisk walking after a month of taking regular walks.
- Squats to chair: It is impossible for elders to perform squats. Squats are an excellent exercise and can help get a strong body. So to gain vitals you may perform squats on a chair.
- Wall pushups: In this type of pushups, you need to lean your body against a wall and perform a regular horizontal motion.
- Leg swing: It is a simple exercise. You just need to swing your legs in a semi-circular motion.
- Yoga: Yoga is an easy and stress releasing exercise. Though the stretching can be difficult, but once you get into position, you may enjoy it.
A home gym is perfect to have so that young people can maintain their fitness.