When you heard the word detox or cleanse, you immediately think of an image of yourself feeling miserable, just days into the seven-day diet plan of nothing but water with lemon and some spices. This makes you cower at the idea of detox body at home.
Luckily, you do not have to punish yourself because body detox at home is easy. Nature has a way of caring to bring our body into its natural balance. There is food that naturally cleanses our systems and achieves balance and nourishment. You will be surprised that most of them can found in your kitchen. If you include these foods in your diet, detoxification is easy and natural.
- Cucumber is made up of about 95% water and will help clear out toxins and balance the body while providing the nutrients it needs.
- Garlic helps the liver produce more detoxification enzymes.
- Broccoli provides a high dose of vitamins while your body is eliminating toxins.
- Lentils have high fiber content that aid in the elimination of toxins; it also maintains sugar level in the body and helps lower cholesterol.
- Turnip greens have plenty of antioxidants and nutrients containing sulfur. This helps the body to properly eliminate toxins from substances like medicines, toxins from the environment and heavy metals. It contains glucosinolates, important phytonutrients, this helps in the activation and regulation of detoxification enzymes.
- Sunflower seeds, which are rich in selenium and Vitamin E help the liver, detoxify and prevents the build-up of cholesterol in the blood and arteries. The organic ones are rich in fats and oil that removes the chemicals during production.
- The omega 3 oils in walnuts help in the detoxification process.
- Turmeric stimulates liver function.
- The high Vitamin C content of red pepper is good in cleansing because it converts the toxins into digestible materials. A single red pepper contains more vitamin C than an orange.
- Orange also has Vitamin C the help in body detoxification.
- Although it belongs to the citrus family, grapefruit is an important food because it can
help lower cholesterol, aids in digestion and prevents kidney stone.
- Watercress is a natural diuretic and helps protect the cell from free radicals.
- Mung beans absorb the toxin residue in the intestinal walls.
- Artichokes contain cynarin that increase bile production that is important in digestion.
- Whole grain foods are rich in nutrients and full of antioxidants. It contains high soluble
fiber that aids in digestion and elimination of wastes.
On top of the foods mentioned, water is a great tool for eliminating impurities. Green tea can also help speed up the detoxification process because it contains an antioxidant called catechins, which helps the
liver increase its functions.
A new approach to detox
Since we have mentioned tea as one of the natural ways to detox, it is also important in weight loss too. One naturopath, Liz Swann Miller created Red Tea Detox. According to her by including red tea on your diet you can lose weight quickly and help the body detoxify.
Guaranteed to make you lose weight by incorporating the special into a diet. This tea can be made on your own based on the recipe she provided along with a diet guide. The good thing about this detox plan is that you can choose the food you want based on the list of recommended food. This list changes depending on the phases of the detox program. Moreover, of course, doing exercises is recommended as part of the program.
The science behind the red tea as a detox agent is that the ingredients in the recipe contain herbs that assist in the weight through support in healthy gastric functions and elimination function. It also supports the body in stress modification and promotes normal metabolism. This makes the red tea important in detoxification. Preparing the tea is a breeze as the ingredients mentioned in the recipe are easy to find and are available in health stores.
We mentioned a diet program involving red tea earlier and this program is created detoxify the body and help in weight loss. To remove the body of toxins and weight loss are two different concepts but according to the creator of the red tea recipe, it is related.
Detoxification was discussed at length in the early part of this article along with the natural foods the aid in body detox. The main idea is to remove from your body the toxins coming from pollution, harmful ingredients in food, particularly junk foods and by-products of stress known as free radicals. Health practitioners promote detox cleansing. Although studies behind these diets remain inconclusive, it is safe to say that the rationale behind detoxification diets are by far legitimate.
Detoxifying is connected to weight loss because when you cleanse our body of toxins, the metabolism will speed up promoting healthy bodily functions. The garbage that is accumulating in our body is slowing down the functions of our organs.
If you purchase the red tea there are accompanying e-books that explain at length what these toxins are and how do they have gained access to our body. It also comes with a diet program divided into phases.
It starts with a cleansing period for three days, which is optional but is highly recommended. The focus of Phase 1 is to detoxify and clean your gut and this period of five days can cause a rapid weight loss. Phase 2 is a restrictive phase, meaning food you will eat and how much is regulated. And Phase 3 is the healing phase that focuses on the liver. This
organ has the function of removing toxins from the food we ingest and bore the damages from the toxins we have ingested.
In each of the phases, there is a list of food you can eat and drink. The diet also recommends the right time to eat or drink this to take advantage of the ‘extra burn’ from fasting. Another feature of the program is the low carbs diet as only 30 grams of it is your recommended daily intake. And of course, you should drink red tea, about six glasses a day.
There are plenty of ways to detoxify and cleanse the body and overhauling your diet is quite difficult but necessary. However, with the benefits and what it can do for your body, it is worth the commitment.