I have experienced this Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera for around 3 days at present and i am usually very pleased having it. I purchased it for the next canoe journey in Canada, so I desired anything water resistant. I also intend to take it scuba getting to petty depths.
Even I have found some really good, some bad as well as some ugly regarding the Olympus TG-4 16 MP Waterproof Digital Camera.
- Picture quality is fantastic though perhaps a little bit too competitive for “normal” pattern.
- Focus is quick as well as accurate.
- Shutter lag is small. Not as quick as my DSLR but tolerable.
- The “microscope” style is breathtakingly amazing. I shot a photo of a dish towel as well as the fabric of the cloth is visible. Also I captured one out of my phone as well as managed to find out not only the pixels but very easily notice that the pixels are small vertical bands of red, green as well as blue.
- The water seal are excellent though the latching system is a little bit fiddly.
- The size as well as weight of the digital camera is simply right.
- The colours are little bit extreme. They have to tone down the diffusion a little.
- Low-light functionality is not fantastic. There are a few setup options you must configure to make sense to focus totally (ie switch on the AF illuminator) as well as then it is extremely voice as well as has soft aim. Enabling the display fixes everything, obviously, but occasionally you do not wish to use a flash.
- Enabling RAW manner is a little bit unusual. In most video cameras there is a setup menu so you choose compression setting , image dimensions , as well as RAW/JPEG but using this camera the compression setting is in the set up as well as the image size and also RAW option are used from the primary capturing screen .
- The additional unique function this digital camera has is the capability to take in RAW. RAW capturing is obviously available on several cameras; however this is the just super difficult waterproof camera which has it. Initially I couldn’t discover the RAW set up since it wasn’t in the digital camera menus because it is with my additional cameras. You have to view real from the FN menu. Strike the INFO option during shooting type, if you do not find it. It will not take simply RAW, it will a RAW additionally a JPEG. I really believe the JPEG is not at the complete 16MP pixel resolution. I had absolutely no trouble adding the RAW pictures into Light room.
- Manuals are simply on the CD — absolutely no printed guide past the one-page fast-start assist.
[table id=3 /]
It’s easy to insert the battery power backwards. No harm to the digital camera, but it will not switch on or even charge. This is the very first digital camera I have observed in just about 15 years exactly where it is easy to insert the battery power inaccurately.
Unusual USB connectors for user interface as well as charging. Really, Olympus? Just USB mini or even micro should actually show up on a new device.